Monday, September 3, 2007

First post! (You see, I am a creative titler.)









Let’s get this thing started off right. These are the cutest tissue packets I’ve ever seen. (pic thereof) I kept looking for a Libra (my sign), but didn’t find a one, sadly.

Alright. So, after a hairy few days of confusion, homesickness, and general not-knowing-as-much-Chinese-as-Chinese-people, I’ve finally gotten registered into a dorm. It’s not the dorm I’m living in now (pic), and not the one they tried to move me into, but rather one whose former occupant I met totally by chance walking through the lobby. His translation efforts were wonderfully helpful, and got me through the registration with so much less trouble than I had the first day I got here (midnight, after a 29-hour travel and with fifty+ pounds of luggage with me).

But right now, things are going well. I’m meeting people, and getting all my school stuff done, and, hopefully, will be starting classes on the 6th. I’ve gone from dreading this thing to looking forward to it (though I’m fairly sure classes might be very difficult, if this summer’s anything to judge by).

I just wanted to mention that I’m writing this from beside the lily pond (yes, we have a lily pond on campus, it’s wonderful and lovely), beside an orange sunset, and with someone flying a kite against the altostratus above me. Possibly it’s understandable why I’m in a good mood.

~:~

Jól akkarom kezdeni eszt a blogot, tehát az elsö dolog az ez: ezek a legaranyosabbak tissue paklik amit még láttam. Nem talaltam az én jelemet, de nem baj.

Hát, az elsö napok egy kicsit durvák voltak, honvágy-mijat és a szobahejzet-mijat, de most már jobb a hejzet. Az elsö dormomat csak mostra adták, s a fiuk között volt. Az uj dormomba majd be fogok költözni egy-két nap mulva: talákoztam azzal akié volt, s az segitett regsztrálni – ez sokkal könyebb volt a segistségével mint az elsö napon (amikor éjfél volt, 29 ora futás, kocsizás, és repcsizés után, s nálam volt k.b. 25 kilo csomag).

De most már jobban mennek a dolgok. Találkozok emberekel, az iskolai holmimat is befejezem bajnékul, és, ha jól megy minden, majd kezdek orákat a 6ikan. Elöbb kicsit – hát, kicsit nagyon – izgultam erröl a kínai évröl, de most már alig várom.

Azon a notán, akkartam mondani hogy honnan irom eszt: a vizililiomos tó mellet (igen, a kollezom mellet van egy vizililiomos tó, nagyon szép is hangulatos), narancsszinü naplemente alatt, s fölöttem kite-oznak, bisztosan épület tetejéröl. Talán érthetö miért ilyen jó a kedvem.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

>> "starting classes on the 6th"


They give you time to adjust to the time change? This is both surprising and excellent, because truly: all school beaurocracies are similar.

PS ALSO: http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5757/eyelashbattingbsuu1.gif


I suppose since you ducked out I'll catch you in the morning?